Serves 6-10 in small to medium glasses
250ml sparkling rosé wine (Txakoli)
8 tbsp. sugar
6 large basil leaves
9 leaves gelatine
250ml cold water, to soften the gelatine
500ml very cold rosé (Txakoli)
1 large orange, zest only
2 peaches peeled and sliced
Small sprigs of basil to decorate
- Place 6-10 champagne or small glasses on a tray and in the fridge to chill.
- Heat the rosé and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Add some zest of orange and 3 basil leaves to the wine mix and boil.
- Place the gelatin leaves in the cold water and leave to soften, once soft squeeze out the excess water.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the warm rosé and stir until melted.
- Strain to remove the basil and orange.
- Pour into a jug and add 500ml cold rosé.
- Refrigerate and stir frequently until the mix just begins to set (this will stop the fruit from floating to the top).
- Blanch the peaches, cool off in iced water and peel, then cut into small slices.
- Flash cook 3 basil leaves in boiling water and cool off in ice water.
- Cut basil leaves into fine strips.
- Divide peach slices and basil between the chilled glasses, add in some orange zest and pour over the partially set jelly mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, place a sprig of basil on the edge of each glass.
Download Printer Friendly Recipe Here: