Prosciutto and Goats Cheese with Melon Strawberry Salad Recipe
As Seen On
For the prosciutto and cheese
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- 6 large slices prosciutto di Parma
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- For the dressing
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 orange, juice
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 melon of your choice, peeled and diced
- 200g strawberries, hulled and sliced in half (retain a few for garnishing)
- A generous handful of baby salad leaves, rocket, beetroot etc.
- Chive lengths, to garnish
Method of Cooking:
- To prepare the prosciutto roll, place the prosciutto di Parma slices on a piece of parchment placed on a piece of plastic wrap, over lapping each piece of prosciutto di Parma.
- Spoon the goat’s cheese thickly along the one edge, sprinkle the chopped chives on top and roll up tightly. Place in the fridge to set for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- To prepare the dressing, pour the lemon and orange juice, olive oil, honey and thyme into a food processor. Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone and spoon the flesh into the food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, mix the diced melon and some of the strawberries with the salad leaves in a bowl.
- Spoon them onto a large serving platter. Drizzle over a little dressing.
- Unwrap the cheese prosciutto roll and slice it with a sharp knife. Arrange slices over the salad and spoon more dressing on top.
- Garnish with a few strawberry halves and chive lengths.