Amarula Pannacotta with Macadamia Praline
Serves 6 to 8 depending on the size
For the Praline:
- 150g caster sugar
- 60g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- For the pannacotta
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 200ml milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 250ml cream, softly whipped
- 4 tbsp Amarula liqueur
Method Of Cooking :
- To prepare the praline, line a small baking tray with parchment.
- Place the sugar into a non stick saucepan over a low to medium heat until the sugar is melted and a lightly golden colour.
- Pour onto the parchment lined tray and sprinkle the chopped nuts over. Leave to set completely.
- For the pannacotta, you will need 6 to 8 small glasses or espresso cups depending on the size.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in about 50 ml cold water until softened.
- Warm the milk and sugar in a saucepan of a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the excess water from the leaves and add to the warm milk, stirring until the gelatine dissolves.
- Fold in the softly whipped cream and Amarula liqueur. Pour the mixture into a jug as this is easier to pour into the glasses or espresso cups.
- Chill until set in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, crush the praline lightly in a food processor or even with a rolling pin.
- To serve, spoon the praline on the top of the pannacotta and serve.