Grainne Hill’s Roast Stuffed Fillet of Pork Recipe
As Seen On
Downloadable Link : Recipe
- 2 filets of Pork
- 12 slices of dry cured streaky bacon
- 1 red onion
- 50g of butter
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 50g dried apricots
- 150g chestnuts, fresh cooked, frozen, or cooked, vacuum packed
- Large bunch of fresh parsley
- Sprig of Fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- Soften an onion in butter and cook off add to the breadcrumbs.
- Add to breadcrumbs chopped apricots and chestnuts, fresh parsley, rosemary, thyme salt and pepper.
Fillets of Pork:
- Trim off fat and skins and butterfly the two fillets.
- Lay out streaky rashers on a baking tray and put the first butterflied fillet on top
- Salt and pepper the fillet
- Lay out stuffing the whole length in the middle of the bottom fillet
- Cover with second fillet on top
- Wrap the dry cured streaky bacon around and over top.
- Cover with tinfoil
- Bake for 45minutes
- Remove tinfoil and bake for a further 15-20mins or until bacon is crispy and pork has a centre temperature of 73 degrees Celsius.
- Boil carrots and parsnips until soft
- Drain and add butter/salt and pepper/a grate of nutmeg
- Parboil for 5 mins
- Sprinkle over a handful of semolina seasoned with salt and pepper
- Give saucepan a good shake so all spuds are coated
- Melt duck or goose fat on baking tray
- Add spuds and bake until crispy
- Place chopped cooking apples in glass bowl
- Add splash of water
- Cover with sheet of baking parchment
- Microwave until soft
- Add sugar to taste