Medallions of Pork in a White Wine & Mustard Sauce Served with Champ
Download Link : Recipes
- 1 pork fillet cut into medallions
- 1 medium onion chopped thinly
- 175g button mushrooms
- 300ml sour cream
- 30ml cream
- half a tsp paprika
- 100ml white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tsp heaped of Dijon mustard
- 6 drops Tabasco
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- * in Dubai we swapped the pork for rose veal and the white wine for apple juice
Methods of Cooking
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the chopped onions slowly.
- Once lightly browned remove these and place in a shallow casserole dish.
- Then fry the button mushrooms whole until lightly coloured and set aside.
- Fry the pork medallions for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, then place these in the shallow casserole dish on top of the onions and place the mushrooms on top of the pork.
- In the frying pan add the sour cream, white wine, lemon juice, mustard, worcestershire sauce, tabasco and cream and heat gently.
- Pour this over the pork, mushrooms and onions in the shallow casserole dish.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Place the lid on it and place into the pre-heated oven Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F) for 40 minutes.
- 900g potatoes
- 150g petit pois peas
- 50g spring onions (8 large spring onions)
- 300ml milk
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 25g butter
- Salt and black pepper
Methods of Cooking
- Peel the potatoes and place in a saucepan and cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until cooked.
- Drain all the water return back to the heat and shake in the saucepan for a minute.
- Add the butter and allow to melt, once melted mash the potatoes thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- In another saucepan allow the milk to heat slowly and simmer with the peas and spring onions until peas are just cooked.
- Add the parsley for a minute before pouring the warm milk mixture over the mashed potatoes.
- Mix carefully until smooth and serve with a knob of butter and garnish with parsley for garnish.