Curried Chicken Soup – Dubai
Download Link : Recipes
Serves 6 as starter or 4 as main course
For the Broth:
- 400g chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 100ml apple juice
- 400ml vegetable stock
For the Soup:
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. mild curry powder (or spice mix of your choice)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 200ml cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Topping:
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- ½ fennel bulb, finely diced
- ½ celery stick, finely diced
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp. sour cream, to garnish
To make the Broth:
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat add some oil, then add butter and stir over a medium to high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and chili and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the fennel and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the apple juice and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil again before adding the chicken breasts,
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked but not overdone.
- Take out the chicken fillets and set aside to cool.
- Then shred the chicken with two forks into small bits.
To Make the Soup:
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat add some oil and heat, add your spices and stir,
- then add butter and continue to stir and melt the butter making sure not to burn it,
- add the flour and continue to stir keeping it moving so the butter and flour don’t burn.
- Pour in the broth cooked earlier, plus add in the stock turn up the heat until it thickens slightly.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and heat through.
- Add the cream and stir well.
- Check the seasoning, adding salt and a little freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- To serve, ladle the soup into warm bowls. Top with the finely chopped vegetables and garnish with a little sour cream.