Chicken Fricasee Recipe
Download Link : Fricassee Chicken Recipe + Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Serves 4 ( allow 1 chicken breast per person eating the dish )
- 2 onions
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 carrots cut into batons
- 1 pkt sugar snap peas,
- 2 stalks celery
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 chicken breast
- Chop chicken breasts and rub with juice of lemon.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in plastic food bag, add chicken pieces.
- Make sure the pieces are coated fully, tie the bag and leave to marinade in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Check the marinade is coating the chicken from time to time.
Methods of Cooking
- Drain off the marinade but keep to one side.
- Begin to brown the chicken pieces in a wok, a few pieces at a time, set all the browned chicken aside.
- Chop the onions and add to the same pan and leave to soften
- Add the tins of tomatoes & cook down to a thick sauce.
- Add back the chicken together with chicken stock & the remaining marinade.
- Bring back to boil & then simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add vegetables (small florets of broccoli, batons of carrots, sugar snap peas, peas, celery or whatever is in the fridge) into the sauce to cook
- Serve with basmati rice