Leek and Nettle Soup
Downloadable Link : Nettle & Leek Soup served with Homemade Brown Bread Recipe + Orzotto Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 onion
- 3 leeks
- 1 potato large (preferably ‘Golden Wonder’ but any will do)
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2 handfuls of freshly cut nettle tops
- Pepper to taste
Methods of Cooking :
- Steep the nettles in salted water and then chop the leeks, potato and onions.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and knob of butter in saucepan.
- Add chopped onion, potato & leeks.
- Sweat over low heat covered with grease proof paper for 8 to10 mins, stirring frequently adding a little water if vegetables become dry.
- When vegetables are well sweated add 750 ml vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add washed nettle tops and cook for a further 5 to7 mins until nettles are soft.
- Liquidize and serve adding pepper to taste.