Sesame Salmon with a Sweet & Sour Salsa
Downloadable Link : Sesame Salmon with a Sweet & Sour Salsa + Seafood Platter Recipes
For the Salmon:
- 600g fillet of salmon, skinned & cut into 4cm cubes
- 75ml oyster sauce
- 100g black sesame seeds
- 2 little gem or baby romaine lettuce
- For the salsa:
- 1 mango
- 150g strawberries
- 1 cucumber, deseeded.
- 1 carrot
- 40g sugar
- 6 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lime juice and zest
- Fresh coriander
- Lightly coat the salmon with oyster sauce and cover with the sesame seeds.
- In a medium – hot frying pan, fry the sesame salmon until just cooked. Be careful not to overcook.
- For the salsa, cut the mango, strawberries, cucumber and carrot into very small cubes.
- Add the sugar, salt, lime juice and zest and the rice vinegar and let it macerate.
- Just before serving add freshly chopped coriander.
- With the lettuce make some nice bite sized “cups” add to each one cube of salmon and dress with the salsa adding mostly fruit and veg and just a little of the juice. Decorate with fresh coriander and serve immediately.