Seafood Platter Recipe
Downloadable Link : Sesame Salmon with a Sweet & Sour Salsa + Seafood Platter Recipes
Seafood platter ingredients
1 whole lobster
1 whole crab
mixed fresh salad leaves, herbs or flowers to garnish
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
Methods of Cooking:
- To cook the lobster and crab, simply place then live in a pot of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Once the water comes to the boil, turn off the heat, leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Pour out the water and set aside to cool
- Once cold remove all the meat from the crab and the lobster and add to a bowl
into the bowl add orange juice and yoghurt, add just enough to coat the meat but not too much that the orange and yoghurt overpower the flavour of the crab & lobster
- Serve on a platter covered with locally grown leaves and herbs and wild garlic.
Smoked scallop with bacon:
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 small piece of bacon
- 1 Scallop per person
- Open the scallop and cut away the entrails around the scallop and remove the scallop from the shell, clean and rinse the shell and place the scallop back in the half shell.
Add a knob of butter and a small piece of bacon on top of the scallop and place the shell directly into a peat fire and cook directly in the fire for 2-4 mins.
Once cooked remove the shell carefully from the fire as the shell will be very hot.
- Wheaten Bread (makes 2 bannocks of bread)
- 340g plain flour
- 340g coarse whole meal flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar,
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp heaped of baking soda
- 1 pint wheat bran
- 600ml quality buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Wheaten Bread method:
- Sieve the plain flour, caster sugar, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- To this add coarse whole meal flour and the wheat bran.
- Stir well and then pour in the buttermilk & vegetable oil
- Mix well and divide the mixture between two loaf tins and place in the centre of the oven at 200ºC, gas mark 6 or 392°F for 45mins.
- To check that the loaves are properly cooked, tip each one out of the tin and tap the base, It should sound hollow, if not return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Tip out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To serve, place the brown wheaten bread on a breadboard and cut into slices.