Honey Glazed Ham, Parsley Sauce, Buttery Mash + Baby Carrots
Baked Glazed Irish Ham
3 kilo boneless ham (6-8 people).
4 desert spoons of Irish honey.
4 desert spoons of Irish brown sugar
24 cloves approx..
3 teaspoons of ham glaze
- Allow Ham to soak in cold water for approx 2-3 hrs.
- Place in pot and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and allow simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and allow to cool….1/2 hr approx..
- Remove ¼ inch of excess fat
- Score ham with sharp knife
- Place in oven for 2hrs at 230deg
- Remove and allow to cool…approx. 10min.
- Place brown sugar on ham…place honey and ham glaze.
- Return ham to oven and cook for approx. 30 – 45min at 240deg.
- Remove and allow to settle for approx.20min
- Place on large plate for serving.
¾ litre Milk
6 spoons of Corn Flour
Fresh chopped parsley
- Bring milk to slow boil
- Remove from heat
- Add Corn Flour, stirring slowly
- Remove from heat until sauce thickens
- Replace on reduced heat for 3 min approx..
- Remove from heat…add chopped parsley…season to taste.
- Place in sauce boat for serving.
2 kilo Potatoes
- Wash and peel potatoes
- Bring to boil in salted water
- Allow simmer until cooked (approx 20 – 30 min).
- Drain potatoes.
- Add large knob of butter and milk until nice consistency.
- Season to taste
- Place in serving dish.
Buttered Baby Irish Carrots
2 ½ kilo of fresh Irish Baby Carrots
- Wash carrots
- Top & tail carrots
- Cut in chunky Julienne
- Place in pot of salted water. Allow cook on medium heat for approx. 30min (al dente).
- Remove from stove and drain water
- Return pot too stove and add knob of butter ..remove from stove when butter is melted.
- Add parsley…season to taste ..add the vegetables and serve.